Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Day at the Dead Sea

After a visit to the Citadel in Amman,
 
A visit to the Jordan Archaeological Museum
a little shopping on al Hashemi  street where the shopkeeper, I hope jokingly said, "Ok, now don't come back"
kunafa, a sweet with cheese, honey and fried rice noodles at Habibah,

New friends who wanted their  pictures taken with the Americans



visit a Roman theater still being used in central Amman,
 a tour of the early Christian site, Cave of the Seven sleeper, where we all had to wear a robe to cover ourselves,
  We drove from Amman at 2300 feet to the Dead Sea, the lowest place on Earth at 1300 feet below sea level.  Much warmer and the big thing to do here is swim in the Dea Sea.  You really can't call it swimming because the water is 10% salt and all you can do is float. I accicentally flipped myself over on my stomach--it feels like someone is pushing you down in the very salty water and the life guard yelled at me to turn back to my back! 
There are big pots of mud on the beach that I slathered all over my body, let dry for 20 mins and back in the water to wash off.
 
The evening was completed with a crisp glass of white wine and grilled Dennis fish.
It was a fabulous day!!!  I am so lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment